How can the esp-idf build system be packaged into an independent library?
- sapir/esp-idf-sys Sapir has packaged building esp-idf into a repo
- reitermarkus/esp-idf-bindgen Reiter Markus forked esp-idf-sys and built up build.rs
- reitermarkus/esp32-hello An implementation demonstrating using esp-idf-bindgen
- Split esp32-bluetooth into a separate repo
- Fork esp-idf-bindgen and integrate changes from esp32-bluetooth/esp32-sys
- Audit and integrate any bluetooth specific helpers
- Determine existing rust+ble landscape and see if there are any idiomatic implementations that can have esp32 added as a target
- Dev tooling (rust-analysis-check)
- Build tooling (makefiles, *.sh for flashing, nix)
- Handwritten bindings (macro redefs)
- Per project Configuration (sdkconfig.h)
The original esp-idf-bindgen includes an sdkconfig.h while the esp-idf build process includes one in the
build/include after calling "make"
To use the most accurate and project specific sdkconfig we must call build during the build process. Is it possible to reference the "parent project" in a dependencies crate?